Empowering Your Taste by “Shelving the Shaker”
IN THIS ISSUE: This September, in honor of National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, the Inside Track is featuring a four-week challenge from the American Heart Association (AHA), the EmpowerMEnt Challenge. This week, the Inside Track interviewed Dr. Elliott Antman, president of the American Heart Association, to get some more ideas on how families can “empower their taste” by shelving the salt shaker.
Week three of the American Heart Association’s EmpowerMEnt challenge focuses on Empowering Your Taste. A key aspect of that, as the Inside Track learned when talking with Dr. Elliott Antman, is helping families figure out how to lower the amount of sodium in their diets. Read more here.
Articles in This Issue:
- Empowering Your Taste by “Shelving the Shaker”
- Still on the Campaign Trail—Running Against Cancer
- Schools Honored for Creating Healthy Environments
- New Initiative Will Improve Bicyclist, Pedestrian Safety
- CDC Offers Resources for Combating Obesity
- We’re Making Progress! 15,700 Supporters for #SmartSnacks
- Mini-Grants Available to Support School Breakfast Programs
- Webinar: Warning Labels on Sugary Drinks
- Rudd Center Announces Move to University of Connecticut
- Salud Today Launches #SaludTues Tweetchat Series
- Watch Out for Salt!
Parents Overwhelmingly Support School Food StandardsSeptember 2014
IN THIS ISSUE: A new survey from The Pew C
Childhood Obesity Rates Stabilize While Disparities PersistSeptember 2014
A new report from the Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) sheds light on the most recent statistics of adult and childhood obesity rates and disparities i
- 1 of 58
- next ›